|Supports the full syllabus for examination from 2016.|
Suggestions for practical activities and ‘study tips’ are provided throughout the text and exam-style questions are included at the end of each chapter. The accompanying CD-ROM contains further revision and practice material. Guidance for the practical activities in the book and answers to the exam-style questions are also included on the CD-ROM.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Jones, M and Jones, G|
- Full coverage of all syllabus content.
- Definitions of key terms.
- Comprehensive support for exam preparation with study tips, revision guidance, checklists, self-assessment tests and model exam papers.
- Animations on the CD-ROM to help visualise concepts.
- Ideas for practical activities included in the text with full guidance for teachers and technicians included on the CD-ROM.
- 1 Classification
- 2 Cells
- 3 Movement in and out of cells
- 4 The chemicals of life
- 5 Enzymes
- 6 Plant nutrition
- 7 Animal nutrition
- 8 Transport in plants
- 9 Transport in animals
- 10 Pathogens and immunity
- 11 Respiration and gas exchange
- 12 Excretion
- 13 Coordination and response
- 14 Homeostasis
- 15 Drugs
- 16 Reproduction in plants
- 17 Reproduction in humans
- 18 Inheritance
- 19 Variation and natural selection
- 20 Organisms and their environment
- 21 Humans and the environment
- 22 Biotechnology
- Answers to questions
- Notes on activities for teachers/technicians
- Self-assessment checklists
- Answers to end-of-chapter questions
- Study and revision skills
- Revision checklists
- Self-assessment tests
- Model papers and mark schemes