|Provides support for teachers for the syllabus for examination from 2016.|
This is a useful practical teacher’s handbook to support the student’s practical workbook. The ‘Common errors to be aware of’ and ‘Discussion points’ sections are valuable and there are ideas for differentiation. The CD-ROM contains sample data which teachers can use if a resource isn’t available or to reinforce a topic.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
- Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Examination.
- The teacher’s guide focuses on the most essential practical experiments in the syllabus, to help to build students’ skills in handling data, analysis and evaluation – the requirements for Assessment Objective 3.
- The teacher’s guide includes specific support is provided for each of the carefully designed investigations to save teachers’ time.
- The teacher’s guide contains advice about planning investigations, guidance about safety considerations, differentiated learning suggestions to support students who might be struggling and to stretch the students who are most able as well as answers to all the questions in the workbook.
- The teacher’s guide includes a CD-ROM containing model data to be used in instances when an investigation cannot be carried out.
- Detailed safety guidance for every practical investigation.
- Table of contents
- 1. Classification
- 2. Cells
- 3. Movement in and out of cells
- 4. The chemicals of life
- 5. Enzymes
- 6. Plant nutrition
- 7. Animal nutrition
- 8. Transport in plants
- 9. Transport in animals
- 10. Pathogens and immunity
- 11. Respiration and gas exchange
- 12. Excretion
- 13. Coordination and response
- 14. Homeostasis
- 15. Drugs
- 16. Reproduction in plants
- 17. Reproduction in humans
- 18. Inheritance
- 19. Variation and natural selection
- 20. Organisms and their environment
- 21. Humans and the environment
- 22. Biotechnology
- CDROM. Model data