|Provides support for learners for the syllabus for examination from 2016.
The practicals included in this resource are relevant and focused on the skills learners will need to develop in order to be successful and confident in the practical components of this course and meet the objectives specified in AO3 ‘Experimental skills and investigations’. As well as guided exercises and investigations, this title also provides exam-style questions for each topic.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
- The practical workbook focuses on the most essential practical experiments in each syllabus, to help to build students’ skills in handling data and experimenting – the requirements for Assessment Objective 3.
- The practical workbook includes scaffolded guidance for undertaking practicals with necessary safety advice, information about equipment, opportunities to record results and questions to develop skills of analysis and evaluation.
- Suitable for the Cambridge IGCSE™ Biology syllabus (0610) for examination from 2016. Ideal for both Paper 5 and Paper 6 (practical test and alternative to practical)
- Endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Examinations.
- The practical workbook helps to save teachers’ time by providing pre-devised investigations with questions as well as answers to aid with marking.
- The practical workbook helps to build students’ confidence with practical skills by encouraging active involvement in practical experiments.
- Table of contents
- Quick skills guide
- Safety guidance
- 1. Classification
- 2. Cells
- 3. Movement in and out of cells
- 4. The chemicals of life
- 5. Enzymes
- 6. Plant nutrition
- 7. Animal nutrition
- 8. Transport in plants
- 9. Transport in animals
- 10. Pathogens and immunity
- 11. Respiration and gas exchange
- 12. Excretion
- 13. Coordination and response
- 14. Homeostasis
- 15. Drugs
- 16. Reproduction in plants
- 17. Reproduction in humans
- 18. Inheritance
- 19. Variation and natural selection
- 20. Organisms and their environment
- 21. Humans and the environment
- 22. Biotechnology