|Provides learner support for the syllabus for examination from 2016
This workbook contains guided investigations and practice questions for Cambridge International AS & A Level Chemistry students. It provides opportunities to develop skills through practical investigation and includes sample data if students can’t do the experiments themselves. Answers to the questions are in the Practical Teacher’s Guide.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Norris, R and Wooster, M|
- Guided investigations provide opportunities for students to practise their practical skills.
- The workbook contains help for teachers setting up practical investigations in the classroom. For more detailed support with planning and troubleshooting issues see the teacher’s guide.
- Practice questions give students the chance to test their knowledge and help build confidence in preparation for assessment.
- Safety information
- Quick Skills
- 1. Masses, moles and atoms
- 2. Structure and bonding
- 3. Enthalpy changes: 4. Chemical reactions
- 5. Equilibrium
- 6. Rates of reaction
- 7. The properties of metals
- 8. The properties of non-metals
- 9. Hydrocarbons and halogenoalkenes
- 10. Organic compounds containing oxygen
- 11. More about enthalpy changes
- 12. Electrochemistry
- 13. Further aspects of equilibria
- 14. Reaction kinetics
- 15. Transition elements
- 16. More about organic chemistry
- 17. Identifying organic compounds.