Cambridge International AS & A Level Mathematics: Probability & Statistics 2 matches the corresponding unit of the syllabus, with a clear and logical progression through. It contains materials on topics such as hypothesis testing, Poisson distribution, linear combinations and continuous random variables, and sampling. This coursebook contains a variety of features including recap sections for students to check their prior knowledge, detailed explanations and worked examples, end-of-chapter and cross-topic review exercises and ‘Explore’ tasks to encourage deeper thinking around mathematical concepts. Answers to coursebook questions are at the back of the book.
- Clear explanations and worked examples leading into practice exercises for students to familiarise themselves with concepts and apply them to answer questions.
- Written specifically for the syllabus for examination from 2020, giving teachers and learners confidence that the content of the syllabus is comprehensively covered.
- Clear diagrams assist with visual learning of ideas.
- “Explore” feature provides opportunities for further investigation to encourage discussion and reflection upon key mathematical concepts.
- Exam-style and past-paper questions at the end of each chapter and cross-topic revision exercises to provide opportunities for assessment.
- 1. Hypothesis testing
- 2. Poisson distribution
- 3. Linear combinations of random variables
- Cross-topic revision exercise 1
- 4. Continuous random variables
- 5. Sampling
- 6. Interpretation of sample data
- Cross-topic revision exercise 2
- Practice paper