|Description||Supports the full syllabus for examination from 2016.
This Cambridge Elevate enhanced edition of the coursebook provides a wealth of learning opportunities through auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback, carefully selected animated videos to visualise challenging concepts, exam-style questions and more.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Ryan, L and Norris, R|
- Comprehensive print and digital coverage of the full syllabus with extra focus on practical skills and exam preparation.
- Carefully selected animated videos aid understanding of challenging scientific concepts whilst bringing the content to life.
- Auto-marked formative assessment quizzes with tailored feedback to incorrect answers which highlight common misconceptions, to ensure continual learning opportunities for students.
- Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter allow students to practise and prepare for their examinations.
- Cambridge Elevate editions are customisable and interactive, allowing students to annotate text, add audio notes and link out to external resources.
- Additional materials including detailed answers to all questions, advice on revision and examinations and recommendations of extra resources are all available to download in the enhanced edition.
- Available online and on tablet devices through the Cambridge Elevate app.
- For information on how to use Cambridge Elevate editions and on supported devices please see inside the front cover.
- Coursebook: Introduction
- 1. Moles and equations
- 2. Atomic structure
- 3. Electrons in atoms
- 4. Chemical bonding
- 5. States of matter
- 6. Enthalpy changes
- 7. Redox reactions
- 8. Redox reactions
- 9. Rates of reaction
- 10. Periodicity
- 11. Group 2
- 12. Group 17
- 13. Nitrogen and sulfur
- 14. Introduction to organic chemistry
- 15. Hydrocarbons
- 16. Halogenoalkanes
- 17. Alcohols, esters and carboxylic acids
- 18. Carbonyl compounds
- P1. Practical skills 1
- 19. Lattice energy
- 19. Lattice energy
- 21. Further aspects of equilibria
- 22. Reaction kinetics
- 23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
- 24. Transition elements
- 25. Benzene and its compounds
- 26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- 27. Organic nitrogen compounds
- 28. Polymerisation
- 29. Analytical chemistry
- 30. Organic synthesis
- P2. Practical skills 2
- Appendix 1. The Periodic Table of the Elements
- Appendix 2. Selected standard electrode potentials
- Answers to check-up questions
- CD-ROM: Answers to all questions from coursebook
- Advice about revision and exam preparation
- Recommended resources