|Description||Provides support for revision for examination from 2016.|
This title includes progress check questions, worked examples and exam-style questions to support learners with their revision.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Potter, J and Cann P|
- Clear Learning Objectives at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Worked Examples guide learners through content in a step by step way, illustrating how to tackle complex problems.
- Formative assessment in the form of Progress Check. Questions appear throughout, allowing learners to track their understanding.
- Exam-style questions in each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Tips throughout to help and remind students about exam technique, common errors and misunderstandings.
- Title page
- Imprint page
- Table of contents
- How to use this book
- 1. Moles and equations
- 2. Atomic structure
- 3. Electrons in atoms
- 4. Chemical bonding
- 5. States of matter
- 6. Enthalpy changes
- 7. Redox reactions
- 8. Redox reactions
- 9. Rates of reaction
- 10. Periodicity
- 11. Group 2
- 12. Group 17
- 13. Nitrogen and sulfur
- 14. Introduction to organic chemistry
- 15. Hydrocarbons
- 16. Halogenoalkanes
- 17. Alcohols, esters and carboxylic acids
- 18. Carbonyl compounds
- 19. Lattice energy
- 20. Electrochemistry
- 21. Further aspects of equilibria
- 22. Reaction kinetics
- 23. Entropy and Gibbs free energy
- 24. Transition elements
- 25. Benzene and its compounds
- 26. Carboxylic acids and their derivatives
- 27. Organic nitrogen compounds
- 28. Polymerisation
- 29. Analytical chemistry
- 30. Organic synthesis
- PS. Practical skills
- Answers to Progress Check questions
- Answers to Exam-style questions