|Description||Provides support for revision for the syllabus for examination from 2016.|
Provides guidance for students preparing for examination. Features concise and straightforward coverage of the syllabus, a clear writing style suitable for international students, worked examples and past examination questions.
Further information and sample material for this resource
Related endorsed titles
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
- Clear Learning Objectives at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Worked Examples guide learners through content in a step by step way, illustrating how to tackle complex problems.
- Formative assessment in the form of Progress Check questions appear throughout, allowing learners to track their understanding. Exam-style questions at key points in the book provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Exam-style questions in each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Tips throughout to help and remind students about exam technique, common errors and misunderstandings.
- Chapter 1 Physical Quantities and Units
- Chapter 2 Measurement Techniques
- Chapter 3 Kinematics
- Chapter 4 Dynamics
- Chapter 5 Forces, Density and Pressure
- Chapter 6 Work, Energy and Power
- Chapter 7 Deformation of solids
- Chapter 8 Waves
- Chapter 9 Superposition
- Chapter 10 Electric fields
- Chapter 11 Current of Electricity
- Chapter 12 Direct Current (D.C.) Circuits
- Chapter 13 Nuclear Physics: Part A
- Chapter 14 Physical Quantities, Units and Measurement Techniques
- Chapter 15 Motion in a Circle
- Chapter 16 Gravitational Field
- Chapter 17 Ideal Gases
- Chapter 18 Temperature
- Chapter 19 Thermal Properties of Materials
- Chapter 20 Oscillations
- Chapter 21 Ultrasound
- Chapter 22 Communicating information
- Chapter 23 Electric Fields
- Chapter 24 Capacitance
- Chapter 25 Sensing Devices
- Chapter 26 Electronics
- Chapter 27 Magnetic Fields
- Chapter 28 Electromagnetic Induction
- Chapter 29 Alternating Currents
- Chapter 30 Quantum Physics
- Chapter 31 Nuclear Physics: Part B
- Appendix A Quick tips on exams
- Appendix B Physical quantities: symbols, definitions and equations
- Appendix C SI units, symbols and definitions
- Appendix D Answers to Progress check questions