|Provides support for revision for the syllabus for examination from 2014.
Concise and straightforward coverage of the syllabus with ‘points to remember’ so learners can track their progress as they revise. Exam-style questions (written by the author) at the end of every chapter..
Further information and sample material for this resource
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Burton, I J|
- Clear Introduction at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Exam-style questions at the end of each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Notes throughout help remind students about exam technique and common errors.
- Task boxes containing questions and activities allow students to check their knowledge and understanding as they work their way through the book.
- Practical skills are reinforced with clear explanations and diagrams in every chapter.
- Revision Guidelines
- Chapter 1 Cell Biology
- Cell structure and organisation
- Movement in and out of cells
- Chapter 2 Nutrition
- Plant nutrition
- Animal nutrition
- Chapter 3 Transport
- Transport in flowering plants
- Transport in human beings
- Chapter 4 Life Processes
- Coordination and response
- Support, movement and locomotion
- Chapter 5 Drugs, Microorganisms and the Environment
- The use and abuse of drugs
- Microorganisms and biotechnology
- The relationships of organisms with each other and the environment
- Chapter 6 Development of organisms and the continuity of life
- Answers to questions