|Provides support for revision for the syllabus for examination from 2014.|
Concise and straightforward coverage of the syllabus with ‘points to remember’ so learners can track their progress as they revise. Exam-style questions (written by the author) at the end of every chapter..
Further information and sample material for this resource
|Publisher||Cambridge University Press|
|Author||Burton, I J|
- Clear Introduction at the start of each section to aid navigation and track progress.
- Exam-style questions at the end of each chapter provide opportunity for summative-style assessment.
- Notes throughout help remind students about exam technique and common errors.
- Task boxes containing questions and activities allow students to check their knowledge and understanding as they work their way through the book.
- Practical skills are reinforced with clear explanations and diagrams in every chapter.
- Revision Guidelines
- Chapter 1 Cell Biology
- Cell structure and organisation
- Movement in and out of cells
- Chapter 2 Nutrition
- Plant nutrition
- Animal nutrition
- Chapter 3 Transport
- Transport in flowering plants
- Transport in human beings
- Chapter 4 Life Processes
- Coordination and response
- Support, movement and locomotion
- Chapter 5 Drugs, Microorganisms and the Environment
- The use and abuse of drugs
- Microorganisms and biotechnology
- The relationships of organisms with each other and the environment
- Chapter 6 Development of organisms and the continuity of life
- Answers to questions